The stock sport seats were great in their day, but have become too loose and soft to really be considered sporting. Too much play in them and too much sag. Plus, I'm not a fan of black interiors. So, I found a pair of off-white comfort seats for $50, cost about $50 for a pair of seatbelt harnesses from the junk yard. I fixed the driver's headrest motor (cable had shrunk, easy fix) and wired them up. All the power controls work great.I should note for those interested in doing this, the comfort seats are not memory seats, the sport ones are, this means that the electrical connectors are very different. Had to get a factory connector from the junk yard and splice them in.
An old trick I've used in the past is to remove the center seat back padding. This gives more legroom and better side support. It really turns the seats into buckets. Overall these are really nice fitting. The seat bottom cushions could stand to be replaced (the old horsehair isn't quite what it used to be) but other than that they feel great.
I also conned the owner of those seats out of his rear seats in a swap for the black ones I had. This gives the car a really updated look, and brightens the interior a lot.I did some research and recovering the driver's seats will cost about $600.
No comments:
Post a Comment