Saturday, September 20, 2008

Elsa gets dancing shoes

Before I decided to invest in better wheels or tires, I decided to try and experiment and just respray the current wheels with silver brake-caliper paint. Man, they really turned out well. For $7 investment it really transformed the car. There are some eBay 528i wheels that I might get, but given that these turned out really well I'm not sure that I'll need to. There still is one bent wheel, but not badly so. Not sure if I'll keep these or get some other rims, we'll see.

By the way, the oil spot behind the front tire isn't a leak, I just overfilled the coolant and that's where the overflow dumps it. Surprisingly there are almost no oil leaks that I can find. None that drip on the ground at the very least.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really nice James,
I like the silver over the black now that I see them. What was the name of that silver brake paint?